Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Organization, advertising financial growth and social progress over the continent. You will find 81 user states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the economic and tech support team for transformative tasks which will notably reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable economic development. So that you can sharply focus the goals associated with the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and make sure greater impact that is developmental five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our distribution for Africa, have already been identified for scaling up, namely light and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and increase the standard of living for anyone of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic way to the African Development Bank Group. It really is made up of Executive Directors that are representatives for the African developing Bank user nations. Especially the Board is in charge of the conduct associated with the general operations regarding the Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the overall framework associated with the Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and simply take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity assets and investment loans because of the lender; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and budget that is administrative (5) prepare the task regarding the Board of Governors; and (6) submit records and yearly reports, along with the administrative spending plans when it comes to approval regarding the Board of Governors. The Board does its sort out a number of permanent Committees that discuss and review policy and system documents while making appropriate guidelines towards the entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation product (BCRM); Secretariat towards the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective for the African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) is always to boost the development effectiveness regarding the Bank with its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and items, and proactive engagement in assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV is always to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate classes, develop and harmonize criteria and techniques, help assessment ability development along with partner agencies and attest towards the legitimacy of both procedures plus the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and development that is multilateral’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint assessment of co-financed jobs and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions give attention to undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the ability Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, is in charge of knowledge management, dissemination and outreach tasks around IDEV evaluations, as well as for giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities both in the financial institution as well as in its Regional Member Countries.
The primary goal associated with Knowledge Management Officer place is always to offer support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the entire assessment process, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting evaluative knowledge in means being ideal for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and duties
Beneath the guidance and supervision associated with the Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely aided by the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment groups from the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement methods;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups through the evaluation process to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of knowledge in many ways which can be attentive to consumers needs that are’
- Identify appropriate sourced elements of evaluation knowledge along with other information and extract, compile, analyse and provide this for usage when you look at the planning of assessment reports, presentations, along with other knowledge and interaction services and products;
- Help assessment, knowledge administration and dissemination tasks (such as for instance conferences, missions, occasions) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates within these tasks as needed;
- Identify and contact https://online-loan.org/payday-loans-al/ interior and sources being outside other stakeholders to look for needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and keep maintaining back ground information and documents on appropriate problems, developing associated databases and information systems and upgrading them appropriately;
- Make certain that a precise review trail is maintained of most stakeholder engagement and therefore all associates and tasks are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy research, or field that is related.
- At the least four (4) years’ experience working in development companies.
- Knowledge of assessment procedures
- Power to recover, package and present information according to your needs associated with the client/audience
- Capability to communicate effortlessly orally as well as in writing
- Experience or knowledge employed in knowledge administration or interaction
- Experience with participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge about outreach tasks.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Awareness of information.
- Demonstrable capability to work collaboratively as an expert, strong group player by having a respect for other individuals plus the ethical needs regarding the task.
- Capability to communicate efficiently (written and dental) in English or French, ideally by having a knowledge that is working of other. Proficiency in both English and French will be desirable.
- Competence when you look at the usage of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power aim); understanding of integrated document management system and/or online interaction stations can be a additional advantage.